Maggie the Bear - 8x8 Layout
Here is another layout I did on Sunday of a picture of a bear from our vacation in July. One of our stops was at Carlsbad NM, to a nice, small zoo we'd visited a few years before. All the animals there are rescues.
This layout is from Sketch #35 at 52 Sketches, 52 Weeks.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
I happened to see Sketch #36 at 52 Sketches... 52 Weeks this morning, and decided to use it for this picture. I had already chosen the background paper for the picture, but not yet picked out anything else. I just realized I need to add the date and location to it.
I really like that site, it has given me a couple of layout ideas already. I like going through the archives and choosing a sketch to use.
Posted by Skulleigh at 2:16 PM
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Back in July, I got a Kindle 2, and I have been furiously reading since then. I love it, the convenience is amazing - I carry it around and I have an entire library on me, and I can buy a new book while laying in bed and be reading it seconds later.
I decided to tally up the books I've read since acquiring the device. Some of them were freebie bodice rippers. Don't lose all respect for my reading choices. ;) Not necessarily in order.
- A Study in Scarlet, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Big Sleep, Raymond Chandler
- Snowbound, Janice Kay Johnson
- Stranded With A Spy, Merlin Lovelace
- Kiss Me Deadly, Michele Hauf
- Kiss of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel, Lara Adrian
- The Wild's Call, Jeri Smith-Ready
- Dead Until Dark, Charlaine Harris
- Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand, Carrie Vaughn
- Killing Joe, Marie Treanor
- Living Dead in Dallas, Charlaine Harris
- The Brass Bed, Jennifer Stevenson
- The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, AN Roquelaure
- Haley's Cabin, Anne Rainey
- Killing Joe, Marie Traenor
- Tumour, Chapter 1, Joshua Hale Fialkov and Noel Tuazon
I'm really enjoying the Southern Vampire Mysteries, by Charlaine Harris. I love The Big Sleep, and definitely want to get more Chandler books. I still have tons more freebies to eventually read.
The Kindle has really been worth it for me - I have read more in the last month and a half and I did the entire year up to that point!
So if you're trying to decide if you want a Kindle, I highly recommend!