Saturday, August 18, 2007

Eeeeek-aaaaaa!!! - Oh, wait it's just a lizard.

I went into my closet tonight, and suddenly I felt something scuttle across my foot. I drew in breath to start shouting in alarmed surprise, then something else in my brain said "wait that didn't feel like a bug."

So I gulp and hope it's nothing lethal, grab my glasses, and start looking at the floor.

It's a Mediterranean House Gecko, a common lizard in my area. Tiny, cute, little lizards, no harm at all. They get into the house fairly often, no big deal.

So I drop to my knees, chase him down, and grab him.

I step out of the closet triumphantly, telling Mr Leezard that he can't live in my house because he will not have anything to eat, thinking I'll just take him outside, look down, and falter.

I'm wearing panties and a camisole. Nothing else. I went into my closet because I was going to put some clothes on and go to Starbucks. How the hell am I going to put him outside when I'm nearly nude?

I decided to trust to luck and put him in the bathtub while I put something on. Thankfully, I think he was stunned, and he stayed put. After dressing, I scooped him back up and put him outside.

Whew!

0 comments: