Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Siren Song of the Sewing Machine

My summer goals are coming along - in the case of the weight loss, well, and surprisingly fast! The sewing will hopefully swing into gear with the arrival of the two books I ordered.

I've only been on the "diet" for a little over a week now. My husband is exercising and losing weight with me, which is nice - he prods me to work out, and I prod him if either of us are dragging our feet, which has only happened once for each of us. I'm actually already seeing a difference - my jeans are no longer tight, my tummy is actually shrinking, my legs are getting less flabby and more muscle-y, and getting my wedding ring off no longer requires soap & water or the jaws of life! I swam for last night's workout (I've mainly been doing the treadmill) and I didn't feel bad about how I looked in my swimsuit! I could definitely look more svelte, but I wasn't feeling embarrassed to be seen!

The progress with the weight loss makes me even more excited to get my sewing books. As I mentioned last week, I ordered "Weekend Sewing" by Heather Ross, and "Sew What! Skirts" by Francesca DenHartog. They arrived yesterday. "Sew What! Skirts" seems like an excellent book from the read-through last night, and I am planning on making one of them this Friday. I'm still looking through "Weekend Sewing" so I'm not sure yet how useful it will be... but it's a beautiful looking book.

I can't wait for Friday - the machine and the fabric are calling me!

On the using my own shopping bag front, there's been a couple of times where I didn't have my bag with me, but I did use it today in fact.

0 comments: