Friday, February 6, 2009

I started a doll quilt today

I got the pieces cut out this afternoon:

Doll quilt

Yes, those are my freakish toes at the bottom. :)

I'm following a tutorial/sew along at the site Sew Mama Sew. It seems pretty easy so far. I've done a small bit of quilting in my life - made a log cabin square and machine quilted it in middle school - I still have it, and use it as a hot pad. My mother was in a quilting circle when I was in middle and high school, so I've done a bit of hand quilting on other people's quilts. This is my first solo quilting project.

I cut the squares all from fabric left from other projects, except for the fairy and the women - I cut into fresh fat quarters for those :)

I should really be working on the Blythe Runway Challenge, but hey, procrastination is fun ;) And I've been wanting to do a small quilting project for awhile.

0 comments: