Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday in the Sewing Room

Hubby surprised me with flowers last night:

Valentine Flowers


He has also ordered me a new lens for my Nikon. I can't wait to get it - it's supposed to be good for macro photography.

I renewed some Blythe items in my Etsy shop, and got one of the new hats listed.

The day was otherwise spend refolding all the fabric in my stash so that I could get a better idea of what I have and get some ideas of what to add to the prize box for the Blythe Runway Challenge.

Among the stash
This picture doesn't show all of it really, there are more stacks behind and to the left :) I need to decide how to store it - by color, by theme, or some other way. I'm leaning towards by theme - fruit, Halloween, Christmas, flowers, geometrics, etc.

Before I started on the stash, I machine quilted my doll quilt - I just did straight lines following the squares - I set up a practice piece to try doing free motion quilting on, but my sewing machine was not cooperating. I didn't take a picture yet, because I'm still trying to decide if I want to add some diagonal lines to the quilting. Or add buttons to the centers of each square.

0 comments: